ThumbNailer 10 is available for download
! (yes, upgrades are free, as always).
What is it?
Smaller Animals ThumbNailer is a Windows utility that allows you to create thumbnail
images and image galleries. You can use it to convert between one graphics format
and another, change image color depth, resize images, make image galleries for the
web or CD and more.
How do I use it?
- Set the source directory . Browse, type or drag a folder...
- Set the output directory. Browse, type or drag a folder...
- Set the output image size.
- Set output file format.
- Press Start.
...that's it! Well, almost. ThumbNailer can do much more than simple image resizing.
Take a look:
* - the ICO and PhotoCD formats are read-only.
- Wizards to help you get up and running quickly
- JPG, GIF, MPEG, PNM, JPEG-2000, PNG, TIFF, PCX, BMP, TGA, WBMP, Photoshop, ICO*, PhotoCD*,
WMF and EMF
- AVI, TTF (TrueType Fonts),
animated GIF and multi-page TIFF frame extraction
- Support for reading digital camera "RAW" images (.NEF, .CRW, .RAF, etc.), FlashPix, CALS, video files and more via
- Batch or single file operation - and you can chain batches together.
- HTML page generator, with links, tables, HTML templates, and more.
- Output images in a wide choice of formats and color depths
- Apply contrast, sharpening, brightness corrections
- Copy EXIF and IPTC data from JPG files
- A wide variety of high-quality resizing methods
- Overlay text and images (great for logos, watermarks, copyrights)
- Automatic background matte
- Multiple resizing methods (including DPI change, percent resize and more)
- Image edge fades
- Composite (contact sheet)
- Customizable input and output file name filters
- DOS command line operation. If you need quick and simple image processing in a DOS-only
environment, check out SASuite.
- Image import and image processing plug-ins
- Free upgrades!
- much much more...
Sample Web Sites
uses ThumbNailer to create thumbnails
of its artwork.
your site featured?
This is a large web site showing off various fractal images. This site was created
entirely with S.A. ThumbNailer and the SAShadow plug-in. The pages in this
site have not been modified in any way - what you see is exactly what was generated
from the program.
This one was created using Photoshop and Adobe GoLive to do the initial page
layout. Then the HTML from GoLive was integrated into a ThumbNailer template to
create the site.
This one uses a style sheet to control the layout and appearance. All done with
ThumbNailer. (template and CSS here)
This one uses some dynamic HTML to display a little info about each picture
when you move the mouse over it (look near the bottom of the page). It also shows
some different ways you can handle navigation links (prev/next). Again, this was
all done with ThumbNailer.
- Visit the ThumbNailer user galleries
. These are sites created by ThumbNailer users.
Plug-ins can extend the functionality of ThumbNailer by providing new image processing
and import features. Click
to see a list of the plug-ins that are currently available.
All unregistered users are allowed a 14 day trial. During that time, all ThumbNailer
features are availble for use. But, all images and web pages created with ThumbNailer
will have a "Made With ThumbNailer" watermark on them. This watermark will not be
present if you choose to register ThumbNailer.
Download the latest version from smalleranimals.com (v
A ThumbNailer license is $15.00
Register with PayPal™
Volume discounts are available (10 or more licenses). Send email to:
Do you have any
Check out the ThumbNailer
Also, check out the Frequently Asked Questions list.
All bugs will be fixed as soon as we know about them. This program has been
tested extensively, however, sometimes bugs get by us... So, if you find a problem,
please, let us know and we'll fix it as soon as we can!
When reporting bugs, please include ThumbNailer version (from the About Box) - it
Copyright © 2015, Smaller Animals Software, Inc.
End Of The Line
Smaller Animals Software has been in business for 23 years. And it's been fun for every one of them. But, we've reached a point where the cost of keeping the virtual doors open far exceeds what sales bring in. And so, with much regret, we will be shutting down Smaller Animals Software. The proposed final date of operation is June 30, 2016. After that date, sales and support of all Smaller Animals Software products will cease.
ImgSource users are encouraged to purchase a source subscription, to allow them to diagnose and correct any issues they may encounter in the future.
We realize this is inconvenient for our customers. And we wish there was a way we could continue to develop and support the products we've been working on for all these years. But, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
We would like to thank all of our customers and especially those who have stuck with us over the years and have contributed greatly with their feedback and suggestions. It seems safe to say that the majority of the features in our products came directly from user suggestions. We wouldn't have done it without you.
Smaller Animals News