Thread: Declaration of Motion Blur inverts two parameters

Unhappy Declaration of Motion Blur inverts two parameters

In motion blur (but I suspect it may be the case for other functions as well), the bytesperpixel and inrowstride order of parameters is inverted, this is nasty as they are both same types, so you do not realize it until you get a crash or a weird result.

//BOOL is5_MotionBlur(const void *pIn, UINT32 uWidth, UINT32 uHeight, UINT32 uInRowStride, UINT32 uBpp, void *pOut, UINT32 uOutRowStride, double fAngle, double fSigma, UINT32 uFlags);

should be fopr correct working:
    is5_MotionBlur(const void *pIn, UINT32 uWidth, UINT32 uHeight, UINT32 uBpp, UINT32 uInRowStride, void *pOut, UINT32 uOutRowStride, double fAngle, double fSigma, UINT32 uFlags);

I am impressed with the quality of results and algorithms of your imgsource but I am not very impressed with the quality-assurance of the code...so far. For me it's frustrating as I am a Delphi programmer with very basic C++ experience and I am finding out myself correcting bugs in the C++ code. Weird to say the least!

Default Re: Declaration of Motion Blur inverts two parameters

Quote Originally Posted by nwscomps View Post
    In motion blur (but I suspect it may be the case for other functions as well), the bytesperpixel and inrowstride order of parameters is inverted, this is nasty as they are both same types, so you do not realize it until you get a crash or a weird result.
    I'll make a note of that. But obviously, we can't change the interface until the next major relelase.

Quote Originally Posted by nwscomps View Post
    I am impressed with the quality of results and algorithms of your imgsource but I am not very impressed with the quality-assurance of the code...so far. For me it's frustrating as I am a Delphi programmer with very basic C++ experience and I am finding out myself correcting bugs in the C++ code. Weird to say the least!
    And which bugs are these?

When http://www.ashburnham-insurance.co.u...insurance.html the next major release going to happen?
    Last edited by Landewi; 07-10-2012 at 05:37 AM.

I'm not sure.

We don't have anything planned right now that would warrant a major release.

Is there any new functionality you'd like to see?